Saturday 3 December 2011

Main Task - Publication Plan

In this blog post, it is going to be very similar to the initial ideas which I had made for my magazine. This will also include magazine names, who's going to be where, and what's going to be put into my magazine. The part is practically the same as my intial ideas.


Price - The final decisions for my magazine will be £1.50, this makes the magazine quite cheap to buy, but its not so cheap that it wont make any money. The barcode will be in the bottom right hand corner, so that it is out of the way.

Frequency of Publication -  I think that having regular magazines made weekly would be the best thing to do, because the readers dont have to wait ages untill the newer issue comes out.

Average Issue Size - I think that having a lot of pages would be better for the readers, because they wouldnt want to spend money on a few pages. I think that having around 70 - 100 pages would make the magazine worth the money quatinty wise.

Regular Content - The regular content which would star in my music magazine would contain the following:

 - The latest information / gossip about previous events. i.e stars etc.
 - Upcoming events
 - Latest Gigs
 - Competitions for the readers
 - Lots if text and images

Feature Articles - I will have a lot of featured articles within my new music magazine, however, too much of one thing would be boring. I would include articles about an artist's life story / bacground. For example, I would look at Wiz Khalifa's background from when he grew up, and how he became where he is now in the music industry.

Magazine Title Ideas - For this, I will have to think what name is going to stand out from other professional magazine names. For me personally, having the magazine title at the top of the magazine in big, bold writing would be the best position for a title. These are some of my ideas which I came up with for a hip hop magazine title:

- Breeze
- Fresh
- Hip Hop Mania
- Addiction
- Hip Hop Weekly
- Bass

I think that my final decision for my magazine title is that it will be called 'Fresh'. the reason why is because a lot of African American people use this term for something which relates to nice or stylish things.

Publication Plan

The magazine layout which I am going to stick with for my own magazine will be one of 'The Source' magazines. I will have the front cover, Two contents pages, and also a double page spread article which will have a different artist on each one.


This will be the example layout I will use for my magazine front cover. It will consist of the title at the top, just above the artist / band. A mast head will also be included just above the title. The image of the artist will be in the centre of the front cover. It will cover most of the page to make it appealing to the audeince. The name of the artist will also be on the page in big, appealing text. The website adress will also be on the page so that the readers will know how to look at the magazine online. There will also be some coverlines. These won't be there just to make up some room, but to also entice the reader to buy the magazine.

This is one of many contents pages by the ' Vibe' magazine company. What I love about this contents more than any other, is that the colour scheme is like in a slightly black and white effect, with a hint of a colour. In this contents page, the colours are blue and red, with the shades being grey - white. I also like the fact the the big ' V' in the background represents the magazine's name/ logo. I also love how they have three lines for the ' Contents' text. it is in big, bold writing, making it easy enough to read. In my magazine contents page, I will have have the first letter of the title put behind the image of one of the artists which will be featured in the next few pages. The features / contents will be at the side, in a smart / fancy text, making it look more interesting, but also appealing.


This will be double page sread layout for my music magazine. What I really like about this specific type of double page spread article, is that the background is all dark colours, and then the text is which and yellow. These factors help make the whole layout look really eye catching / appealing for the readers. I will have a big picture of an atrist / band on one page, whilst the other page will have a quote on one part of the page, an image on another, and the actual article at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment