Saturday 3 December 2011

Main Task - Planning Production

In this blog post, I will be explaining what I my decisions are going to be for my music magazine. I need to look at other professional music magazines, so that I can get a rough idea of what my magazine is going to look like.

Decide on front cover images - For this part of my magazine, I have had a look at various hip hop / rap artists and other thigns which I would like to put on the front cover. I have decided that I want a medium - close up shot of the artist from the double page spread.

Contents page - For my contents page, I want to have the same artist as the artist on the front cover. I want once again, a medium - close up shot. However, it would look silly not to have a medium - far shot. This is so that we can get the full image of the artist.

I have made a rough sketch of both my front cover using the guidelines of other professional magazines.

Here is my rough sketch of my front cover magazine.



The next image of the rough sketch I made of my contents page following a 'Vibe' magazine contents page.



Write the coverlines -  I have written a few ideas out for the coverlines. Some of the cover lines I came up with might be on, others might not, as I don't want too many or too less on the page.

- I will make sure that on the front cover, I will have some featured artists on the page.
- Name of the star on the front page.
- Putting in a quote from the double page spread article which will entice the audience to read it.
Article

For my article for my music magazine, I have decided that I am not going to do a 'question and answer' article, instead, I think that I am going to write an article of the success of the artist. I think that in my opinion, a lot of readers know very little about an artist's history and how they got to where they are know. For example, a lot of people know who Kanye West is, but not a lot of them know why he became a musician, and what made him do what he does best...

No comments:

Post a Comment